Old Dominion Run is still working all options in an attempt to have the run this year.
We are working with numerous authorities in our area to assist in providing a good and safe race day
experience for everyone involved. The governor of Virginia has gone to phase one in our area and our
authorities are reviewing our plan vs the restrictions. We will keep you informed and hope for the best.
Currently, part of our proposal has had to include a limit on our field to 50% for any hopes for us to proceed.
We currently have 55 entrants and will not immediately be taking more from the wait list.
Responses from the authorities will be a major part of our decision on 17 May. If the race proceeds,
entries will not be more than 55. The waitlist will remain active.
With the current COVID-19 limitations, we wanted to give an update on our race status.
For your safety changes include:
- Limiting crew vehicles/numbers
- Everyone involved will have their temperature taken at check-in.
Anyone with a high temperature (as determined by Virginia Department of Health) will not be allowed to participate.
- Adjusting health standards at aid stations
- We will share other health precautions at a later date.
8 May remains the last day to drop and receive a full refund.
You can do this through Ultrasignup or send us an email by 8 May stating you wish to drop.
17 May is our cut-off day. If the Governor has not reopened Virginia,
the Race will be cancelled and all runners will receive a partial refund, less some costs we have had to pay to date.
For the runners, due to the circumstances, we are also giving you the option to roll your entry over to 2021 race- still obligated
to meet Race qualifications in 2021. Those on our current Waitlist continue to move up as normal; but as you move up,
won't have the option to roll onto the 2021 roster. (as that could lead to overbooking/problems with next year's race)
Ray, Wynne and Race Management.